Year 6 2022 - 2023
UKS2 Assistant Headteacher and Year 6 Class Teacher
Year 6 Class Teacher
Welcome to Year 6!
We are so excited to welcome children and carers back to Plymouth Grove after the school holidays.
This year our Year 6 class teachers are Mrs Turner (6T), Mr Mullins (6M) and Mrs Salvaterra.
We are a rights respecting school. All children have the right to learn, and we will be doing lots of amazing learning together this year. For more details, please have a look through the curriculum information on our website.
We use Seesaw for parent communication. Please speak to your child’s teacher or the main school office if you are having difficulty connecting to our Seesaw class.
Things to remember:
- PE lessons are every Monday. Please send your child to school in their PE kit.
- Make sure your child is bringing their reading book into school everyday, so they can read at school and complete an Accelerated Reader quiz.
- Reading: Children should be reading for 30-45 minutes every day. We check this using Accelerated Reader.
- Spellings: Children in 6M are given a spelling test every Monday. Children in 6T are given a spelling test every Thursday and are given new spellings for the following week. They should be learning these at home.
- Maths: Children are set homework on Edshed, which is checked on a Tuesday.
- Times Tables: Practice at home using TTRockstars.
If your child has a problem completing online homework please contact their class teacher as soon as possible so they can support you with the issue.