Year 1 2023 - 2024
KS1 Assistant Head and Year 1 Class Teacher
Year 1 Class Teacher
Welcome to Year 1!
We are so excited to welcome children and carers back to Plymouth Grove after the school holidays.
This year our Year 1 class teachers are Ms Fielden (1F) and Miss Riaz (1R).
We are a rights respecting school. All children have the right to learn (Article 28), and we will be doing lots of amazing learning together this year. For more details, please have a look through the curriculum information on our website.
We use Seesaw for parent communication. Please speak to your child’s teacher or the main school office if you are having difficulty connecting to our Seesaw class.
Things to remember:
- PE lessons are every Friday. Please send your child to school in their PE kit.
- Bring your book bag to school every day. Make sure your folder and all reading books are in your bag as we will use them throughout the week.
- Comments can be made on the back of your child’s bookmark to share with the class teacher.
- Homework will be sent home on a Friday and spelling tests will take place on a Monday.
- Make sure you give time at home every day for your child to read as well as practising handwriting and learning their spellings.
- We use Seesaw as a way to communicate with parents and carers but we also have an open-door policy where you can speak to your class teacher at the beginning or end of the day. Further meetings can be arranged if required.